Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
General Operator – Drying Department
Reference: Ref No: DFP/GO/04/19
Closing Date: 19th April 2019
Duncrue Food Processors Ltd (DFP) has been in operation for over thirty years. DFP has grown to be one of the UK’s leading beef dripping producers. Our primary operation is the manufacture of high quality beef dripping which is sold to the fast food, catering and food manufacturing industries.
We now wish to recruit for the following position - General Operator – Dring Department
The successful candidate’s job role will be to produce and pack dried edible beef protein fit for human consumption under strict safety and quality procedures.
- Ensuring product is produced and packed under strict company HACCP procedures;
- Hygiene and cleanliness of Department;
- Fork Lift Driving – Counterbalance;
- The working of 3 fluid bed dryers and 1 steriliser;
- The working of material screws and augers;
- The working of pneumatic valves;
- The working of packaging equipment;
- Reading and understanding Scada Temperature Control System;
- The working of steam batteries essential for heat and drying of product;
- Collection and study of weekly production records;
- Metal detection metals;
- Weight checks;
- Maintaining appropriate records for the department;
- Responsible for correct operation of inspection hopper, conveyor and table.
- Previous work experience in a food manufacturing environment;
- An awareness of health and safety;
- Minimum of 4 months experience in Drying Department;
- Experience of record keeping with attention to detail;
- Counter Balance Forklift License;
- Demonstrate excellent communication and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrate accuracy completing paperwork.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous work experience in the meat industry;
- Knowledge of HACCP and CCP’s.
The successful candidate will be required to work shifts.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or download an application form from www.fanevalley.com/careers.
Closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5.00pm on Friday 19th April 2019.