Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Reference: Job Ref: FVF/CC/01/1
Closing Date: 18th January 2019
Fane Valley Feeds is one of the largest animal feed manufacturers in Northern Ireland with manufacturing facilities in Omagh and Newry. With the most modern animal feed mill in Europe, Fane Valley Feeds is committed to manufacturing the highest quality feeds for our customers.
We now invite applicants for the following position based at our Omagh mill.
Reporting to the Credit Manager the Credit Controller will be an integral part of the finance department, being responsible for the management and collection of Accounts Receivable. The role will require working closely with the Sales Director and the individual sales staff to ensure that debt management policies are being strictly adhered to.
- Opening new accounts and checking credit ratings;
- Set and monitor credit limits;
- Ensure debts are paid in a timely and effective manner;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with customers. This will require regular telephone calls with slow paying customers;
- Negotiating payment agreements with customers;
- Handling disputed amounts;
- Respond promptly and efficiently to both customer and internal enquiries;
- Maintenance of customer files;
- Providing accounts information to senior management;
- Following the divisions debt collection policy;
- Liaising with other Fane Valley divisions to ensure that common goals are achieved.
- Experience within a Credit Control position;
- Have strong IT skills with experience in Microsoft Office applications;
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a busy team;
- Formal credit control training or qualifications would be an advantage;
- A knowledge of the farming sector would be an advantage.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 9261 0480 or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.