Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Quality Assurance Technician
Reference: Ref No: DFP/QT/09/18
Closing Date: 28th September 2018
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Quality Assurance Technician will be responsible for assisting in ensuring compliance with all relevant quality and food safety standards and ensuring all aspects of production are carried out to exact quality specifications.
- Have a qualification in Food Technology/Science or equivalent;
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment;
- A level 3 Food Hygiene certificate;
- A broad understanding of quality assurance measures/quality standards (BRC) as well as HACCP and health and safety;
- Be IT Literate;
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision and work as part of a team;
- Demonstrate excellent communication, problem solving skills and a hands on approach to your work;
- Show attention to detail and accuracy of record keeping.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Previous work experience in the meat industry;
- A Level 3 or 4 HACCP qualification;
- A Level 4 Food Hygiene certificate.
The successful candidate will be required to work shifts.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley.
Email: email@example.com, Tel: (028) 92 610480 or download an application form from www.fanevalley.com/careers.