Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Agronomy & Forage Services Manager
Reference: Ref: FVS/AFST 07/18
Closing Date: 23rd July 2018
Fane Valley Stores is the largest retail distributor of agronomy and forage products and services in Northern Ireland. As part of our ambitious growth strategy, the company now wishes to appoint an Agronomy and Forage Services Manager to oversee the development and management of our Forage and Agronomy Services division.
• Based in Moira and reporting to the Business Development Director the successful candidate will lead the development and delivery of profitable sales growth by managing and motivating the sales and agronomy team;
• To monitor and review scientific and technological developments in the areas of crop nutrition, soil management and improvement, and identify how these can be incorporated into an enhanced technical support services package.
• Candidates will be educated to degree level or equivalent in agriculture,science or a business related discipline and have 5 years sales experience in an agronomy and farm supplies and technical services environment;
• Be a qualified BASIS and FACTS Adviser;
• Ideally have previous experience of managing and motivating a sales team;
• Have a specific knowledge of agro-chemicals for arable and grassland production and be up to date on the most recent product chemistry;
• A comprehensive understanding of the agricultural industry in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland;
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills;
• Your previous experience will have given you excellent business acumen and commercial awareness and you will be comfortable with delivering on ambitious targets.
In return the company offers an attractive salary with bonus, a benefits package, a company car and excellent career progression opportunities.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 9261 0480 or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.
Download Application Form