Growing Better Together
Fane Valley is now one of Ireland's most progressive agri-food businesses, with interests in red meats, feed compounding, porridge oats and breakfast cereals, agricultural supplies, and renewable energy, operative across Europe. Our commitment to developing our work force is paramount in meeting our objective of delivering quality products with top class service at competitive prices.
Fane Valley has a diverse culture reflecting the diversity not only in the business functions but also in our locations. As a company we embrace change and continuously strive to be the best in whatever sector we enter.
Reference: Ref: FVF/PO/06/18
Closing Date: 13th July 2018
Fane Valley Feeds is one of the largest feed companies in Northern Ireland with manufacturing facilities in Omagh and Newry. As a company we strive to be a trusted partner to our customers providing innovative feed products and advice focused on ensuring food safety, the delivery of improved livestock performance and customer profitability. Our people are central to our goal of delivering quality products, with top class service, at competitive prices.
We currently have a number of vacancies for the following role based at our Omagh mill.
We seek to recruit plant operators who will be responsible for operating a highly computerised manufacturing process, supervising raw material intake, packing finished product, operating a forklift and maintaining mill hygiene standards.
Applicants must meet the following essential criteria:
- A good standard of education, with GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English;
- Excellent I.T. skills with experience of computerised production systems.
- Ideally applicants will have previous experience of working in an animal feed mill or have an agricultural background, although this is not essential as training will be provided.
- Applicants should be self-motivated with good organisational skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- The hours of work will be based on a three shift rotating pattern with a day shift from 8am to 4pm, an evening shift from 4pm to midnight and a night shift from midnight to 8am with shorter shifts on Friday. Flexibility is also required to work Saturday morning overtime when necessary.
- In return we offer the opportunity to undertake training so you can develop your skills and an attractive salary and benefits package.
To request an application form please contact the HR Department at Fane Valley. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (028) 9261 0480 or download an application form at www.fanevalley.com/careers.
Download Application Form